The AFE7920 evaluation module (EVM) is an RF-sampling transceiver platform that can be configured to support up to four-transmit, four-receive plus two-feedback (4T4R + 2FB) channels simultaneously.
The board evaluates the AFE7920 device, which is a quad-channel RF-sampling analog front end (AFE) with 14-bit 12-GSPS digital-to-analog converters (DACs), 14-bit 3-GSPS analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), and on-chip integrated PLL/VCO for high-frequency clock generation for DACs and ADCs.
AFE7920EVM has options to use dual digital up converters and down converters in each channel to synthesize and digitize multiple wideband signals with high dynamic range simultaneously. On-chip integrated digital step attenuator (DSA) for the receiver channels and DSA functionality for the transmitter channels is supported. Eight JESD204B/C-compatible serializer/deserializer (SerDes) transceivers running up to 29.5 Gbps can be used for providing inputs and outputs to/from the AFE7920 device through the onboard FMC connector.
AFE7920EVM includes the LMK04828 clock generator for providing a reference signal to the AFE on-chip PLL and for generating the required SYSREF signals for the JESD204B/C protocol. Also included is the option for providing an ultra-low-phase noise external clocking solution.
AFE7920EVM implements an efficient low-dropout (LDO)-less power-management solution using only DC-DC converters for the required power rails. The design interfaces with the TI pattern/capture card solution (TSW14J57EVM) (sold separately), as well as many FPGA development kits.
- Allows evaluation of 4T4R + 2FB RF-sampling AFE7920 solutions
- JESD204B/C data interface to simplify digital interface; compliant up to 29.5-Gbps lane rates
- Supports JESD204B/C for synchronization and compatibility
- Option for DC-DC-based LDO-less power-management solution
- Onboard clocking solution supported with LMK04828 and for generating SYSREF
- On-chip interpolation/decimation filter inputs/outputs sample data at reduced sample rates and improved SNR