This reference design functions from a base of silicon carbide (SiC) MOSFETs that are driven by a C2000 microcontroller (MCU) with SiC-isolated gate drivers. The design implements three-phase interleaving and operates in continuous conduction mode (CCM) to achieve a 98.46% efficiency at a 240-V input voltage and 6.6-kW full power. The C2000 controller enables phase shedding and adaptive dead-time control to improve the power factor at light load. The gate driver board (see TIDA-01605) is capable of delivering a 4-A source and 6-A sink peak current. The gate driver board implements a reinforced isolation and can withstand more than 100-V/ns common-mode transient immunity (CMTI). The gate driver board also contains the two-level turnoff circuit, which protects the MOSFET from voltage overshoot during the short-circuit scenario.
- High-power-density, high-efficiency PFC design to power systems up to 6.6 kW
- Half-bridge- and compact isolated gate driver with reinforced isolation and two-level turnoff protection
- Full digital control with high-performance C2000™ controller to enable advanced control scheme
- 98.46% peak efficiency, greater than 0.99 power factor and less than 2% total harmonic distortion (THD)
- Three-phase interleaved operation with phase shedding control