The SK-AM62B-P1 starter kit (SK) evaluation module (EVM) is a stand-alone test and development platform built around the AM62x system-on-a-chip (SoC). AM62x processors are comprised of a quad-core 64-bit Arm®-Cortex®-A53 microprocessor and single-core Arm Cortex-M4F MCU.
SK-AM62B-P1 is the newest version of SK-AM62which includes high-security field-securable (HS-FS) silicon to optionally customize keys and encryption for security applications and includes the TPS65219/20 PMIC on-board.
SK-AM62B-P1 allows the user to experience a dual-display feature with optional 3D GPU through high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) over dots per inch (DPI) and low-voltage differential signaling (LVDS), as well as industrial communication solutions using serial, Ethernet, USB and other interfaces.
SK-AM62B-P1 can be used for display applications (e.g., human machine interface (HMI) and control panel) with either an HDMI display and/ or an external LVDS panel, up to 2K 60fps resolution. Its powerful Arm performance, up to quad-A53 at 1.4 GHz with rich industrial interfaces, offers good control and communication capabilities for a wide range of applications, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), automation control, EV charging, medical, or building automation systems.
In addition, SK-AM62B-P1 can communicate with other processors or systems and act as a communication gateway. It can directly operate as a standard remote I/O system or simple sensor connected to an industrial communication network. The embedded emulation logic allows for emulation and debugging using standard development tools such as the Code Composer Studio™ integrated development environment (IDE) (CCSTUDIO). Reference software for many applications can be downloaded from AM62x Development Portal
- Processing: AM6254 with four Arm® Cortex®-A53, 3D graphics processing unit (GPU), One Cortex-M4F, Two PRU-SS
- Display: Dual display support, up to 2K display resolution. One dual-channel LVDS. One HDMI connector over DPI/RGB444 with audio codec TLV320AIC3106.
- M.2 key E interface support for Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® modules, two RJ-45 Ethernet 1000/100 Mbps with TSN Support
- Connectivity: One Type-A USB 2.0, one Type-C dual-role device (DRD) USB 2.0 supports USB booting, onboard XDS110 Joint Test Action Group (JTAG) emulator, four universal asynchronous receiver-transmitters (UARTs) via USB 2.0-B
- Storage: 2-GB DDR4, bootable interfaces on SK, removable microSD, USB, Quad Serial Peripheral Interface (QSPI), Ethernet,UART
- Software: TI processor SDK Linux®, RT-Linux, TI processor SDK Android™ AM62x, Out-of-box demos