OPA838 1-mA, 300-MHz Gain Bandwidth, Voltage-Feedback Op Amp
SBOS867 – August2017
- Gain Bandwidth Product: 300 MHz
- Very-Low (Trimmed) Supply Current: 950 µA
- Bandwidth: 90 MHz (AV = 6 V/V)
- High Full-Power Bandwidth: 45 MHz, 4 VPP
- Negative Rail Input, Rail-to-Rail Output
- Single-Supply Operating Range: 2.7 V to 5.4 V
- 25°C Input Offset: ±125 µV (Maximum)
- Input Offset Voltage Drift: < ±1.6 µV/°C (Maximum)
- Input Voltage Noise: 1.8 nV/√Hz (> 200 Hz)
- Input Current Noise: 1 pA/√Hz (> 2000 Hz)
- < 5-µA Shutdown Current for Power Savings
- Low-Power Transimpedance Amplifiers
- Low-Noise High-Gain Stages
- 12-Bit to 16-Bit Low-Power SAR ADC Drivers
- High-Gain Active Filter Designs
- Ultrasonic Flow Meters
The OPA838 decompensated voltage feedback operational amplifier provides a high 300-MHz gain bandwidth product with 1.8-nV/√Hz input noise voltage, requiring only a trimmed 0.95-mA supply current. These features combine to provide an extremely power-efficient solution for photodiode transimpedance designs and high-voltage gain stages, which require the lowest input voltage noise in signal receiver applications.
Operating at the minimum recommended noninverting gain of 6 V/V results in a 90-MHz, –3-dB bandwidth. Extremely low input noise and offset voltage make the OPA838 particularly suitable for high gains. Even at a DC-coupled gain of 1000 V/V, a 300-kHz signal bandwidth is available with a maximum output offset voltage of ±125 mV.
The single-channel OPA838 is available in a 6-pin SOT-23 package, 6-pin SC70 package (that includes a power shutdown feature) and 5-pin SC70 package.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|OPA838||SOT-23 (6)||2.90 mm × 1.60 mm|
|SC70 (5)||2.00 mm × 1.25 mm|
|SC70 (6)||2.00 mm × 1.25 mm|
- For all available packages, see the package option addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Single 3-V Supply, < 3-mW Photodiode Amplifier With < 1.1-pA/√Hz Total Input-Referred Current Noise and 100-kΩ Gain With Overall 1-MHz SSBW
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback