This reference design helps designers develop an ultrasonic gas-metering subsystem using an integrated, ultrasonic sensing solution (USS) module, which provides superior metrology performance with low-power consumption and maximum integration. The design is based on the 64KB MSP430FR6043 microcontroller (MCU) with integrated high-speed, ADC-based signal acquisition and an integrated low-energy accelerator (LEA) to optimize digital signal processing.
- Best-in-class metrology performance: +/-250ps zero flow drift (ZFD) and 500ps single-shot standard deviation (STD)
- Low power consumption: <20 uA across 200-kHz to 500-kHz transducers with one set of comprehensive results per second
- ±1% flow accuracy up to 12,000 lph with dynamic range of 200:1
- Three lph minimum detectable flow rate
- Robust performance against variation of transducer characteristics over temperature