This reference design demonstrates a highly-integrated solution for this application using an inductive sensing technique enabled by the CC1350 SimpleLink™ Wireless MCU and FemtoFET™ MOSFET. This reference design also provides the platform for integration of wireless communications such as wireless M-Bus, Sigfox™, or a proprietary protocol. Water utility providers who wish to add Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) capability face the choice of replacing all of their existing meters or installing a simple electronic add-on module, which will accurately measure the water flow rate and wirelessly transmit the results. Such add-on modules can provide the least expensive solution to provide AMR features to consumers.
- Meets measurement accuracy requirements of ISO4064-1:2014-11 (Class 1)
- Accurate measurement at a distance of 4.2 mm to a wheel (11mm diameter)
- Accurate flow measurement as low as 11.25 liters per hour
- Consumes only 4µA with 12Hz sampling rate
- Support ISM bands in 431 to 527MHz and 861 to 1054MHz range plus Bluetooth® Low Energy at 2.4GHz