This reference design is a high efficiency, high power density and light weight resonant converter reference design. It converts a 390V input to a 48V/1kW output. The PMP20637 power stage has over 140W/in^3 power density. The whole board weight is less than 210g. With fixed 950kHz switching frequency in steady state, 97.6% peak efficiency is achieved.
- 390V - 48V/1kW high frequency resonant converter
- 950kHz resonant frequency with less than 210g weight
- Utilizes TI's high voltage GaN FETs as input switches
- Optimized LLC SR conduction with UCD7138/UCD3138A
- Power stage dimension: 2” x 2.1” x 1.7”
- Achieves peak 97.6% efficiency