The SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi CC3230x wireless MCU comes in two variants: CC3230S and C3230SF.
- The CC3230S includes 256KB of RAM, IoT networking security, device identity/keys, as well as, MCU level security features such as file system encryption, user IP (MCU image) encryption, secure boot and debug security.
- The CC3230SF builds on the CC3230S and integrates a user-dedicated 1MB of executable flash in addition to the 256KB of RAM.
Simplify your IoT design with a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ wireless microcontroller (MCU). The SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi® CC3230x device family is a system-on-chip (SoC) solution that integrates two processors within a single chip, including:
- Application processor: Arm® Cortex®-M4 MCU with a user-dedicated 256KB of RAM and an optional 1MB of executable flash
- Network processor to run all Wi-Fi and internet logical layers. This ROM-based subsystem completely offloads the host MCU and includes an 802.11b/g/n 2.4 GHz radio, baseband, and MAC with a powerful hardware cryptography engine
These devices introduce new capabilities that further simplify the connectivity of things to the internet. The main new features include
- Bluetooth Low Energy and Wi-Fi 2.4-GHz radio coexistence (CC13x2/CC26x2)
- Antenna selection
- Up to 16 concurrent secure sockets
- Certificate sign request (CSR)
- Online certificate status protocol (OCSP)
- Wi-Fi Alliance certified IoT power-saving features (such as BSS max idle, DMS, and proxy ARP)
- Hostless mode for offloading template packet transmissions
- Network-assisted roaming
The CC3230x device family is part of the SimpleLink™ MCU platform—a common, easy-to-use development environment based on a single-core software development kit (SDK) with a rich tool set and reference designs. The E2E™ community supports Wi-Fi, Bluetooth low energy, Sub-1 GHz, and host MCUs. For more information, visit www.ti.com/simplelink or www.ti.com/simplelinkwifi.