11.1 Layout Guidelines
Figure 53 shows a board layout example for the device. The key considerations for layout are:
- Use a solid ground plane underneath the device and partition the PCB into analog and digital sections
- Avoid crossing digital lines with the analog signal path and keep the analog input signals and the reference input signals away from noise sources.
- The power sources to the device must be clean and well-bypassed. Use CAVDD decoupling capacitors in close proximity to the analog (AVDD) power supply pin.
- Use a CDVDD decoupling capacitor close to the digital (DVDD) power-supply pin.
- Avoid placing vias between the AVDD and DVDD pins and the bypass capacitors.
- Connect the ground pin to the ground plane using a short, low-impedance path.
- Place the charge kickback filter components close to the device.
Among ceramic surface-mount capacitors, COG (NPO) ceramic capacitors are recommended because these components provide the most stable electrical properties over voltage, frequency, and temperature changes.