The TPS40077EVM-001 evaluation module (EVM) is a synchronous buck converter providing a fixed 1.8 V output at up to 10 A from a 12 V input bus. The EVM is designed to start up from a single supply; no additional bias voltage is required for start-up. The TPS40077 Reduced Pin Count Synchronous Buck Controller used in the EVM employs predictive gate drive. This feature provides improved efficiency by eliminating shoot-through switching current,and minimizing the reverse-conduction time of the synchronous rectifier FET.
8 V to 16 V input range
- 1.8 V fixed output, adjustable with single resistor
- 10 A DC steady-state output current
- 300 kHz switching frequency (Fixed by TPS40077)
- Single main switch N-channel MOSFET and single synchronous rectifier N-channel MOSFET
- Double-sided 2" x 3" PCB with all components on top side
- Active converter uses less than 1.9 square inches - 1.0" x 1.9"
- Convenient test points for probing critical waveforms and non-invasive loop response testing