This reference design provides a compact and scalable camera module for automotive driver assistance (ADAS) systems and other vision applications. It combines a 2-megapixel (2 MP) imager with a 4-Gbps serializer and four-channel power management integrated circuit (PMIC).
The camera module is a two-board design to illustrate the flexibility and scalability of the power and serializer components to different image sensors, depending on the application.
The 4-Gbps serializer incorporates FPD-Link III SerDes technology, enabling the transmission of uncompressed video data remotely to a system on a chip (SoC) or machine vision processing system. Bidirectional control signals and power-over-coaxial (POC) can also be transmitted to the camera module with a single cable.
The camera PMIC enables a compact design optimized for flexibility and thermal performance by integrating three buck converters and one low-dropout (LDO) regulator with programmable output voltages and sequencing. Supervisors and other monitoring are integrated on each rail to further reduce the component count and overall form factor.
- 20-mm × 20-mm power and serializer PCB compatible with a variety of image sensors
- High efficiency and low noise power-supply
- High-resolution camera applications with the 4-Gbps DS90UB953-Q1 device
- 2.6-MP AR0233 image sensor ON Semi™ providing full-HD, AD 13-bit, MIPI 4-lane, RAW24, RAW20, RAW16, RAW14, RAW12
- Single Rosenberger FAKRA coaxial connector for digital video, power, control, and diagnostics
- Additional diagnostic capabilities to enable Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL)