This automotive reference design details a solution for a stop light and a tail light. The automotive battery directly supplies the TPS92830-Q1 linear lightemitting-diode (LED) controller used in this design, which allows the designer to use the same LEDs for both functions. This reference design also features robust electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) performance, full protection, and diagnostics.
- Automotive Battery Supply
- Meets CISPR 25 Conducted and Radiated Emission Standards and Passes ISO11452-4 BCI Test
- Stop Light and Tail Light LED Reuse by Using Device Internal PWM Generator
- LED-String Open-Circuit, Short-to-Ground, and Short-to-Battery Diagnostics With Auto Recovery
- Fault Bus Configurable as One-Fails–All-Fail or Only-Failed-Channel-Off
- LED Binning Function by Using Analog Dimming Input Pin