The TPS92830-Q1 evaluation module (EVM) helps designers evaluate the operation and performance of the TPS92830-Q1, a 3-channel high-current linear LED controller for automotive lighting applications. It features precision current regulation with external MOSFET. It also has full diagnostics for LED-string open circuit and short circuit with auto recovery.
- Channel-current setting by separate high-side sensing resistors
- LED short and open protection and fault reporting
- Stand-alone operation with full duty cycle or PWM dimming via internal PWM generator
- Analog dimming with potentiometer on LED board (can be used for bin resistor)
- Current derating during overvoltage
- Open-fault detection mask during dropout mode