This inverting power supply reference design supports a –12-V output voltage at up to 1.2 A of current from an 8-V to 16-V input. Such a negative voltage is required for many applications such as optical module biasing, line drivers, operational amplifier and other low-power applications. Using the TPS62933 power converter enables a very simple negative voltage inverter (inverting buck-boost) design to create a –12-V negative output voltage at 1.2-A currents.
- Simple inverting power supply design
- Wide input voltage range of 8 V to 16 V
- Up to 1.2-A continuous output current
- Low noise (less than 1% output ripple)
- Peak current control mode with internal compensation
- Operating junction temperature: –40°C to 150°C