Welcome to the LM5163 and LM5164 Quickstart Design Tool. This standalone tool facilitates and assists the power supply engineer with design of a DC/DC buck converter based on the LM5163 and LM5164 low IQ synchronous buck DC/DC regulator. As such, the user can expeditiously arrive at an optimized design to meet the application requirements.
- Determine buck inductance and input and output capacitances
- Optimize the design using efficiency and solution size as key performance metrics
- Select components input UVLO, output voltage setpoint, FB ripple, and switching frequency
- Inspect converter efficiency, solution size, component power dissipation, switching frequency, and output voltage ripple
- Analyze efficiency based on selected component parameters
- Review auto-generated schematic and BOM list
- Determine EMI filter components