The BQ25792 evaluation module (EVM) is used to evaluate the BQ25792 device. The BQ25792 is an integrated switched-mode buck-boost battery charge management device in HOTROD (QFN) package, intended for 1- to 4-series cell li-ion and li-polymer batteries from 3.6-V to 24-V input with programmable 750-KHz and 1500-KHz switching frequency. The I2C serial interface with charging and system settings makes the device a truly flexible solution.
- Easily evaluate the high-efficiency 5-A switch-mode buck-boost charger in the HOTROD (QFN) package
- Use of EV2400 interface to switch between charge and USB on-the-go (OTG) as well as monitor charger status and faults as well as voltages and current with an integrated analog-to-digital converter (ADC)
- Use of an onboard USB input adapter for connecting to a USB source and either communication through D+/D– to set the default input current limit
- Onboard test points, sense resistors and jumpers facilitate measurement of high-efficiency and high accuracy voltage and current regulation
- Bi-directional blocking NFETs included for evaluating dual input source selector, with jumpers to bypass