The ADS5517EVM is a circuit board that allows designers to evaluate the performance of Texas Instruments‘ ADS5517 device, an 11 bit 200 MSPS analog to digital converter. The circuit board allows for the ability to evaluate the ADS5517 operating in either DDR LVDS output mode or CMOS output mode. An onboard FPGA decodes the ADC output mode and provides the ADC data on a CMOS output header.
The evaluation module also allows designers to use wither a transformer coupled input into the ADC or an amplifier input based on the Texas Instruments THS4509. Although not needed for device evaluation, an optional expansion module is available allowing for an easy method to program the ADC register through a USB port.
- Isolated analog 3.3 V supplies and digital 3.3 V supplies
- ADC evaluation in DDR LVDS mode
- ADC evaluation in CMOS mode
- CMOS logic analyzer output header
- TI THS4509 or transformer coupled analog input path
- Onboard programmable FPGA
- FPGA power management provided by the TI TPS75003
- Expansion module capability