- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
- Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to+125°C TA
- Wide Input Operating Range for Car and Portable Battery Applications
- 3.5-V to 45-V Operating Range
- 2.97-V to 16-V When BIAS = VCC
- MinimumBoost Supply Voltage 1.5 V When BIAS ≥ 3.5 V
- InputTransient Protection up to 50 V
- Minimized Battery Drain
- LowShutdown Current (IQ ≤ 2.6 µA )
- LowOperating Current ( IQ ≤ 480 µA)
- Small Solution Size and Low Cost
- Maximum Switching Frequency of 2.2MHz
- 12-Pin WSONPackage (3 mm × 2 mm) With Wettable Flanks
- IntegratedError Amplifier Allows Primary-Side Regulation Without Optocoupler (Flyback)
- Minimized Undershoot During Cranking (Start-stop Application)
- Higher Efficiency With Low-Power Dissipation
- 100-mV ±7% Low Current Limit Threshold
- Strong 1.5-A Peak Standard MOSFET Driver
- Supports External VCC Supply
- Avoid AM Band Interference and Crosstalk
- Optional Clock Synchronization
- Dynamically ProgrammableSwitching Frequency from 100 kHz to 2.2 MHz
- Integrated Protection Features
- Constant Peak Current Limiting Over InputVoltage
- Optional Hiccup Mode Short-Circuit Protection (seethe Device Comparison Table)
- Programmable LineUVLO
- OVP Protection
- Accurate ±1% Accuracy Feedback Reference
- Programmable Extra Slope Compensation
- Adjustable Soft Start
- PGOOD Indicator
- Create a Custom Design Using the LM5155-Q1 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The LM5155-Q1 device is a wide input range, non-synchronous boostcontroller that uses peak current mode control. The device can be used in boost, SEPIC, and flybacktopologies.
The LM5155-Q1 device can start up from a 1-cell battery with a minimum of2.97 V if the BIAS pin is connected to the VCC pin. It can operate with the input supply voltage aslow as 1.5 V if the BIAS pin is greater than 3.5 V.
The internal VCC regulator also supports BIAS pin operation up to 45 V (50-V absolutemaximum) for automotive load dump. The switching frequencyis dynamically programmable with an external resistor from 100 kHz to 2.2 MHz. Switching at 2.2 MHzminimizes AM band interference and allows for a small solution size and fast transientresponse.
The device features a 1.5-A standard MOSFET driver and a low 100-mV current limitthreshold. The device also supports the use of an external VCC supply to improve efficiency. Lowoperating current and pulse-skipping operation improve efficiency at light loads.
The device has built-in protection features such as cycle-by-cycle current limit,overvoltage protection, line UVLO, and thermal shutdown. Hiccup mode overload protection isavailable in the LM51551-Q1 device option. Additional features include low shutdownIQ, programmable soft start, programmable slope compensation, precisionreference, power-good indicator, and external clock synchronization.