- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.7 V to 24 V
- 30 V Absolute Maximum
- Low On-Resistance: RON = 3-mΩ Typical
- Adjustable Current Limit Threshold
- Range: 3 A to 15 A
- Accuracy: ± 5% (Typical for IOUT > 5 A)
- Circuit Breaker and Current Limiter Options
- Programmable Overcurrent Fault Response Timer
- Handles Transient Currents Without Tripping
- Accurate Current Monitor Output
- Accuracy: ±1% (Typical, for IOUT> 2 A)
- User Configurable Fault Response
- Latch-off and Auto-Retry
- Number of Retries
- Delay Between Retries
- Fast Short Circuit Protection < 400-ns Typical
- Adjustable Output Slew Rate (dVdt) Control
- Adjustable Undervoltage Lockout
- Over Voltage Protection (3.7 V, 7.6 V, 16.7 V Options)
- Over Temperature Protection
- Power Good Output
- Programmable Load Handshake Timer
- Low Current Consumption
- Active: 1.5-mA Typical
- Shutdown: 5-µATypical
- Small Footprint: 4-mm × 4-mm QFN Package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The TPS25982 device family of eFuses is a highly integrated circuit protection and powermanagement solution in a small package. The devices are operational over a wide input voltagerange. A single part caters to low-voltage systems needing minimal IR voltage drop as well ashigher voltage, high current systems needing low power dissipation. They are a robust defenseagainst overloads, short- circuits, voltage surges, and excessive inrush current.
Overvoltage events are limited by internal cutoff circuits, with multiple device optionsto choose the overvoltage threshold.
Multiple device options exist to choose between the response to overcurrent conditions,circuit breaker or active current limiter. The overcurrent limit and fast trip (short-circuit)threshold can be set with a single external resistor. The devices intelligently manage theovercurrent response by distinguishing between transient events and actual faults, thereby allowingthe system to function uninterrupted during line and load transients without compromising on therobustness of the protection against faults. The device can be configured to stay latched off orretry automatically after a fault shutdown. The number of auto-retries as well as the retry delayare configurable with capacitors. This enables remote systems to automatically recover fromtemporary faults while ensuring that power supplies are not stressed indefinitely due to apersistent fault.
The TPS25982 devices are available in a small 4 mm × 4 mm QFN package. The devices arecharacterized for operation over a junction temperature range of –40˚C to 125˚C.