- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to +125°C Ambient OperatingTemperature
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level2
- Device CDM ESD Classification LevelC4B
- Input Voltage: 2.8 V to 5.5 V
- Output Voltage: 0.6 V to 3.36 V
- Four High-Efficiency Step-Down DC/DC Converter Cores:
- Maximum Output Current: 16A (4 A per Phase)
- Programmable Output Voltage Slew-Rate: 0.5 mV/µs to 10mV/µs
- Switching Frequency: 2 MHz
- Spread-Spectrum Mode and Phase Interleaving
- Configurable General Purpose I/O (GPIOs)
- I2C-Compatible Interface That Supports Standard (100 kHz), Fast (400 kHz), Fast+ (1 MHz), and High-Speed (3.4 MHz) Modes
- Interrupt Function With Programmable Masking
- Programmable Power-Good Signal (PGOOD)
- Output Short-Circuit and Overload Protection
- Overtemperature Warning and Protection
- Overvoltage Protection (OVP) and Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The LP8756x-Q1 device is designed to meet the power-managementrequirements of the latest processors and platforms in various automotive power applications. Thedevice contains four step-down DC/DC converter cores, which are configured as a 4-phase output,3-phase and 1-phase outputs, 2-phase and 2-phase outputs, one 2-phase and two 1-phase outputs, orfour 1-phase outputs. The device is controlled by an I2C-compatibleserial interface and by enable signals.
The automatic pulse-width-modulation (PWM) to pulsed-frequency-modulation (PFM) operation(AUTO mode), together with the automatic phase adding and phase shedding, maximizes efficiency overa wide output-current range. The LP8756x-Q1 supports remote differential-voltagesensing for multiphase outputs to compensate IR drop between the regulator output and thepoint-of-load (POL) improving the accuracy of the output voltage. The switching clock can be forcedto PWM mode and also synchronized to an external clock to minimize the disturbances.
The LP8756x-Q1 device supports load-current measurement without theaddition of external current-sense resistors. The device also supports programmable start-up andshutdown delays and sequences synchronized to enable signals. The sequences can include GPIOsignals to control external regulators, load switches, and processor reset. During start-up andvoltage change, the device controls the output slew rate to minimize output-voltage overshoot andin-rush current.