- Provides GUI for simple and fast setup
- Perforated PCB allows sensor to be placed in user’s system
- Provides best temperature accuracy measurement with 0.0078125°C resolution (16-bit)
- Example of PCB layout for fast thermal response time
- GUI runs online or through a desktop installation
- Supports many platforms (web, windows, linux, osx)
Improving on the TMP116 family of high-accuracy temperature sensors, the TMP117 provides up to ±0.1°C accuracy over the entire range of human body temperature (30°C to 42°C) and ±0.2°C accuracy over its whole operating range of -55°C to 150°C, making it the world’s leading ultra-high-precision temperature sensor. Designed as a pin-to-pin compatible replacement for the TMP116, the TMP117 provides 16-bits of temperature data with each reading, translating to a temperature resolution of 7.8125 m°C. The ultra-high accuracy of the TMP117 around human body temperatures makes it suitable for ASTME1112 and ISO-80601 compliant medical applications. The Texas Instruments TMP117EVM (Evaluation Module) provides the user a simple way to get started with the TMP117. The evaluation module and GUI are designed to provide the user with a quick setup to evaluate the TMP117 and gain familiarity with the device down to the bit-by-bit register level. The EVM also features a perforated break-out portion, which allows the user to separate the TMP117 and still utilize the MSP430 and GUI to interact with and configure the device. For detailed information about the EVM hardware and software installation, please see this document.