- Easily evaluate the high-efficiency 5-A switch-mode buck-boost charger in the HOTROD (QFN) package
- Use of EV2400 or USB2ANY interface to switch between charge and USB On-the-Go (OTG) as well as monitor charger status and faults as well as voltages and current with an integrated analog-to-digital converter (ADC)
- Use of an onboard USB input adapter for connecting to a USB source and either communication through D+/D– to set the default input current limit
- Onboard test points, sense resistors and jumpers facilitate measurement of high-efficiency and high-accuracy voltage and current regulation
- Bi-directional blocking NFETs included for evaluating dual input source selector, with jumpers to bypass
The BQ25798EVM evaluation module (EVM) is used to evaluate the BQ25798 device. The BQ25798 is an integrated switched-mode buck-boost battery charge management device in HOTROD (QFN) package, intended for 1-series to 4-series cell Li-ion and Li-polymer batteries from 3.6-V to 24-V input with programmable 750-KHz and 1500-KHz switching frequency. The I2C serial interface with charging and system settings makes the device a truly flexible solution. The BQ25798 has maximum power point tracking (MPPT) feature for use with HiZ power sources like solar panels.