The TRF3722EVM is the evaluation module (EVM) designed for testing the performance of the TRF3722 high-performance, quadrature modulator with integrated PLL and VCO. The TRF3722 is a direct up-conversion RF device which integrates a highly-linear, low-noise IQ modulator and a wideband integer-fractional PLL/VCO. The device is capable of converting complex modulated signals from baseband or IF directly up to RF frequencies ranging from 400 MHz to 4.1 GHz. The PLL/VCO along with the internal 2/4/8 divider configuration is used to obtain the desired frequency. The TRF3722 is designed for use in RF applications in wireless base stations and RF communications equipment.
- The TRF3722EVM comes configured for differential I/Q input signals via four SMA connectors.
- There is an on board SMA connector which is used to monitor the RF output signal from the quadrature modulator.
- The LO signal is provided either internally (on-chip) or externally through an SMA connector.
- The TRF3722 can generate an LO output signal which can be monitored via an SMA connector.
- The EVM comes with a USB interface used to configure the device via a PC and graphical user interface (GUI) application software.
- To change RF target frequencies, the user enters the desired operating frequency, the GUI automatically calculates values for the necessary register settings and writes those values to the TRF3722 device.