This reference design demonstrates the use of IWR1642, which is a single-chip mmWave radar sensor with integrated DSP for an indoor and outdoor people counting application. This reference design uses the IWR1642BOOST evaluation module (EVM) and integrates a complete radar processing chain onto the IWR1642 device. This solution can detect up to 250 objects, and point and track up to 20 people with a field of view (FOV) of ±60º in the azimuth (horizontal) plane.
- Demonstration hardware and software using IWR1642 mmWave radar sensor for people counting
- mmWave technology provides range, velocity, and angle information ideal for environmental effects
- All detection and signal processing handled onboard the IWR1642; point cloud and object information streamed to PC for visualization
- Azimuth field of view (FOV) of 120º across distance of 6 m (distance can be modified or extended with different chirp configurations)
- Examples of implementation of static clutter and group tracking algorithms