TI Design TIDEP-0094 provides a foundation to evaluate object detection using the IWR1642 evaluation module (EVM). This design integrates a complete radar processing chain onto the IWR1642 device to enable the estimation of the position (in the azimuthal plane) and the velocity of objects in its field of view up to 84 m. The software example is integrated and provided with the TI mmWave software development kit (SDK) for a cohesive software experience including APIs, libraries, and tools for evaluation, development, and data visualization.
- Detect objects up to 84 m with range resolution of 37 cm
- Antenna field of view ±60° with angular resolution of approximately 15°
- Source code for fast Fourier transform (FFT) processing and detection provided by mmWave software development kit (SDK)
- IWR1642 EVM demonstrates the design
- Radar front-end and detection configuration fully explained