The TIDA-01255 design is built for isolated CAN communication, which is widely used in automotive environments. In hybrid and electric vehicles (HEV/EVs), a complete high-voltage network is floating with respect to the chassis ground. Isolation is required for the power and communication channels interfaced between floating high- to low-voltage systems. The TIDA-01255 design supports applications with a simple isolated transformer driver to transfer power. This TI Design has a low-transmission delay, which reduces the loop delay and supports higher baud rates of the CAN.
- Flexible high-speed CAN communication
- Low loop delay (typically 136 ηs) to support high-speed arbitration rates
- 750-mW power transfer with 3-kV isolation
- ±70-V bus fault protection
- Compliant with ISO 11898-2 CAN standard