This reference design demonstrates the use of the AWR1642 single-chip mmWave sensor with integrated DSP as a vehicle occupant detection sensor enabling the detection of occupants in a vehicle. This design provides a reference processing chain that runs on the C674x DSP, enabling generation of a heat map to detect occupants in a field of view (FOV) of ±60 degrees.
- Demonstration of mmWave sensor technology for robust detection of occupants (adults, children, pets) in a vehicle
- Generate presence heat map with FOV of ±60 degrees
- Source code for processing and detection based on mmWave software development kit (SDK)
- Based on proven EVM hardware designs, enabling quick time to market and out-of-the-box demonstration
- Radar front-end and detection configuration fully explained