- Power Optimization for IWR1443 77-GHz Level Transmitter Reference Design
(PDF 687 KB)
2017年 12月 5日 1,664 次点击 (英文內容)
- 查看所有技术文档 (9)
TI Design TIDEP-0091 highlights strategies for power optimization of IWR14xx 76- to 81-GHz mmWave sensors in tank level-probing applications, displacement sensors, 4- to 20-mA sensors, and other low-power applications for detecting range with high accuracy in a minimal power envelope. In these applications, the system often operates on a low-voltage data line that provides less power than the operational power consumption. Duty cycling is critical to reducing the average power to meet the power input restrictions. Power optimization is achieved through MSP432 external duty cycling the IWR14xx device for periodic sensing. Additionally, this TI Design provides a sample configuration for single-dimensional range detection.
Read more about fluid-level sensing using 77-GHz millimeter wave (SPYY004).
Watch the introduction to level sensing (video).
- Uses IWR1443 mmWave and SimpleLink MSP432 software development kits (SDKs)
- Serial communication between IWR1443 and MSP432
- Provides an optimized processing chain for single-dimension range detection
- Applicable to any application requiring low-power duty cycling