Our merchant DIN rail power solutions provide customers ready-to- evaluate circuit boards for modular DIN-rail power supplies, power redundancy modules and power backup modules used to power Industrial PLCs, sensors, transmitters/receivers, analyzers, motors, actuators, solenoids, and relays.
These solutions help customers design hardware to meet the US Department of Energy (DOE) efficiency norm. These include high power factor, low THD, high efficiency across line and load conditions, as well as high power density, thermal derating for extended temperature range operation and high reliability. Our systems provide the added benefits of power boost mode and meeting NEC class-2, Limited Power Source (LPS) safety standards with low component count and reduced feedback loops.
Common design challenges addressed include:
- High efficiency through soft-switching techniques using a LLC resonant DC/DC, phase-shifted full-bridge DC/DC and ZVS PWM DC/DC with both analog and digital implementation
- Low standby power solutions to meet ENERGY STAR and DOE standards
- Low THD over wide load conditions using front end power factor correction solutions
- Active ORing solutions for parallel operation and redundancy modules
- Innovative backup solutions using a single stage bi-directional topology for integrated local energy storage units
- Robust solutions for inter- and intra-communication interfaces