TLC59581/82 48-Channel, 16-Bit ES-PWM LED Driver with Pre-Charge FET, LOD Caterpillar Cancelling and Display Data Memory
SLVSCZ9A – October2015 – revisedNovember 2015
- 48 Constant-Current Sink Output Channels
- Sink Current Capability with Max BC/CC data:
- 25 mA at 5 VCC
- 20 mA at 3.3 VCC
- Global Brightness Control (BC): 3-Bit (8-Step)
- Color Brightness Control (CC) for Each Color
Group: 9-Bit (512-Step), Three Groups
- LED Power Supply Voltage Up To 10 V
- VCC = 3.0 V to 5.5 V
- Constant Current Accuracy
- Channel-to-Channel = ±1%(Typ), ±3%(Max)
- Device-to-Device = ±1%(Typ), ±2%(Max)
- Data Transfer Rate: 25 MHz
- Gray Scale Clock: 33 MHz
- Pre-Charge FET to Avoid Ghosting Phenomenon
- Enhanced Circuit for Caterpillar Cancelling
- Low-Grayscale Enhancement
- LED Open Detection (LOD)
- Thermal Shut Down (TSD)
- Operating Temperature: –40°C to 85°C
- LED Video Displays with Multiplexing System
- LED Signboards with Multiplexing system
- High Refresh Rate & High Density LED Panel
The TLC59581/82are 48-channel constant-current sink drivers. Each channel has an individually-adjustable, 65536-step, pulse width modulation (PWM) grayscale (GS) brightness control.
The TLC59581 can support 32-multiplexing while TLC59582 can support 16-multiplexing.
The output channels are divided into three groups. Each group has a 512-step color brightness control (CC). CC adjusts brightness control between colors. The maximum current value of all 48 channels can be set by 8-step global brightness control (BC). BC adjusts brightness deviation between LED drivers. GS, CC and BC data are accessible through a serial interface port.
See application note Build High Density, High Refresh Rate, Multiplexing LED Panel with TLC59581, SLVA744.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|TLC59581||VQFN (56)||8.00 mm × 8.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Typical Application Schematic (Multiple Daisy-Chained TLC59581/82)
Copyright© 2015, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback