UCC5350SB 3-kVRMS Single-Channel Isolated Gate Driver with 8-V UVLO
SLLSF39 – September2017
- Single Channel Split Output Gate Driver
- 8.5-A Peak Source, 10-A Peak Sink Output
- 8-V Under Voltage Lockout
- Switching Parameters:
- 65-ns Typical Propagation Delay
- 20-ns Maximum Pulse-Width Distortion
- 100-kV/μs Minimum Common-Mode Transient Immunity (CMTI)
- 3-V to 15-V Input Supply Voltage
- 9.5-V to 33-V Output Driver Supply Voltage
- Negative Voltage Handling on Input Pins (–5 V)
- Isolation Surge Withstand Voltage: 4242 VPK
- Safety-Related Certifications:
- 4242-VPK Isolation per DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (Planned)
- 3000-VRMS Isolation for 1 Minute per UL 1577 (Planned)
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A, IEC 60950-1 Standard (Planned)
- CQC Certification per GB4943.1-2011 (Planned)
- 4-kV ESD (HBM) on All Pins
- CMOS Inputs
- 8-pin Narrow Body SOIC Package
- Operating Temperature: –40°C to +125°C Ambient
- Industrial Motor-Control Drives
- Industrial Power Supplies
- Solar Inverters
- HEV and EV Power Modules
- Induction Heating
The UCC5350SB is a single-channel, isolated IGBT, SiC, and MOSFET gate driver with split-outputs and superior isolation ratings.
The UCC5350SB is available in an 8-pin SOIC (D) package. This package has a creepage and clearance of 4 mm and can support isolation voltage up to 3 kVRMS, which is good for applications where basic isolation is needed. With its split-output and 8-V UVLO this device is a good fit for motor drives and industrial power supplies.
The UCC5350SB option provides a split output that can be used to control the rise and fall times of the driver.
Compared to an optocoupler, the UCC5350SB has lower part-to-part skew, lower propagation delay, higher operating temperature, and higher CMTI.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|UCC5350SB||D SOIC (8)||4.90 mm x 3.91 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Functional Block Diagram
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback