TPS92662-Q1 High-Brightness LED Matrix Manager for Automotive Headlight Systems
SLUSD15 – June2017
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
- Grade 1: –40°C to 125°C Ambient Operating Temperature
- Device HBM Classification Level H1C
- Device CDM Classification Level C5
- Input Voltage Range: 4.5 V to 60 V
- 12 Integrated Bypass Switches
- Four Sub-Strings of Three Series Switches
- 20 V Maximum Across Switch
- 62 V Maximum Switch to GND
- Multi-Drop UART Communication Interface
- Up to 31 Addressable Devices
- Compatible with CAN Physical Layer
- Minimum Number of Wires in Cable Harness
- Eight-bit ADC with Two MUXed Inputs
- Crystal Oscillator Driver
- External EEPROM I2C Interface
- Programmable 10-bit PWM Dimming
- Individual Phase Shift and Pulse Width
- Device-to-Device Synchronization
- LED Open and Short Detection and Protection
- Automotive headlight systems
- High-Brightness LED Matrix Systems
- ADB or Glare-Free High Beam
The TPS92662-Q1 LED matrix manager device enables fully dynamic adaptive lighting solutions by providing individual pixel-level LED control.
The device includes four sub-strings of three series-connected integrated switches for bypassing individual LEDs. The individual sub-strings allows the device to accept either single or multiple current sources, as well as paralleling up to four switches for bypassing high current LEDs.
The device contains a multi-drop universal asynchronous receiver transmitter (UART) serial interface for control and management by a master microcontroller. The serial interface supports the use of CAN transceivers for a more robust physical layer. The I2C communication interface can be used to read from and write to an external EEPROM that can store system calibration data.
An on-board 8-bit ADC with two multiplexed inputs can be used for system temperature compensation such as binning and coding.
The internal charge pump rail that can float up to 69 V above GND provides the LED bypass switch gate drive supply. The low on-resistance (RDS(on)) of the bypass switch minimizes conduction loss and power dissipation.
The phase-shift and pulse-width are programmable for each individual LED in the string. The PWM frequency is adjustable via an internal register and multiple devices can be synchronized. In addition, the switch transitions during PWM dimming operation have a programmable slew rate limit to mitigate EMI concerns.
The device features open LED protection with programmable threshold as well as open and short LED fault reporting via the serial interface.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|TPS92662-Q1||PHP (48)||7.00 mm × 7.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback