TPS7A90 500-mA, High-Accuracy, Low-Noise LDO Voltage Regulator
SBVS324 – June2017
- 1.0% Accuracy Over Line, Load, and Temperature
- Low Output Noise: 4.7 µVRMS (10 Hz–100 kHz)
- Low Dropout: 100 mV (max) at 0.5 A
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.4 V to 6.5 V
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.8 V to 5.7 V
- High Power-Supply Rejection Ratio (PSRR):
- 60 dB at DC
- 50 dB at 100 kHz
- 30 dB at 1 MHz
- Fast Transient Response
- Adjustable Start-Up In-Rush Control With Selectable Soft-Start Charging Current
- Open-Drain Power-Good (PG) Output
- θJC = 3.2ºC/W
- 2.5-mm × 2.5-mm, 10-Pin WSON Package
- High-Speed Analog Circuits:
- VCO, ADC, DAC, LVDS
- Imaging: CMOS Sensors, Video ASICs
- Test and Measurement
- Instrumentation, Medical, and Audio
- Digital Loads: SerDes, FPGA, DSP
The TPS7A90 device is a low-noise (4.7 µVRMS), low-dropout (LDO) voltage regulator capable of sourcing 500 mA with only 100 mV of maximum dropout to 5 V and 200 mV to 5.7 V.
The TPS7A90 output is adjustable with external resistors from 0.8 V to 5.7 V. The TPS7A90 wide input voltage range supports operation as low as 1.4 V and up to 6.5 V.
With 1% output voltage accuracy (over line, load, and temperature) and soft-start capabilities to reduce in-rush current, the TPS7A90 is ideal for powering sensitive analog low-voltage devices [such as voltage-controlled oscillators (VCOs), analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), and digital-to-analog converters (DACs)].
The TPS7A90 is designed to power noise-sensitive components such as those found in high-speed communication, video, medical, or test and measurement applications. The very low 4.7-µVRMS output noise and wideband PSRR (30 dB at 1 MHz) minimizes phase noise and clock jitter. These features maximize performance of clocking devices, ADCs, and DACs.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|TPS7A90||WSON (10)||2.50 mm × 2.50 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.
Typical Application Circuit
Typical Application Diagram
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback