TPS63710 Low Noise Synchronous Inverting Buck Converter
SLVSD44 – September2017
- 3.1 V to 14 V Input Voltage Range
- 1 A Output Current
- ±1.5% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Synchronous Rectification
- Low 1/f-Noise Reference System
- Output Voltage: -1 V to -5.5 V
- |VOUT| < 0.7 x VIN
- Up to 91% Efficiency
- 1.5-MHz fixed frequency PWM mode
- Thermal Shutdown
- 5-μA Shutdown Current
- 3-mm × 3-mm WSON Package
- Create a Custom Design Using the TPS63710 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
- Generic Negative Voltage Supply
- ADC and DAC Supply in Telecom Systems
- Bias for GaN transistors
- Optical Module Laser Diode Bias
- Noise Sensitive and Space Limited Applications
Requiring a Negative Supply Voltage
The TPS63710 is an inverting step-down dc-dc converter generating a negative output voltage down to -5.5 V. It provides an output current up to 1 A, depending on the input-voltage to output-voltage ratio. Its filtered reference system gives low 1/f noise which is required in high performance telecommunication systems.
The TPS63710 operates with a fixed-frequency PWM control topology. It has an internal current limit and a thermal shutdown. The input voltage range of 3.1 V to 14 V allows the TPS63710 to be used in a variety of applications where a negative output voltage is generated from a, in absolute value, higher positive input voltage.
Synchronous rectification provides high efficiency especially for small output voltages like -1.8 V, which are typically used as a negative supply voltage for high performance DACs and ADCs. A fixed switching frequency of 1.5 MHz allows the use of small external components and enables a small total solution size.
The TPS63710 comes in a 3-mm × 3-mm WSON package that provides good thermal performance in applications running at high ambient temperature.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|TPS63710||WSON||3 mm x 3 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.
Efficiency vs output current for VOUT = -1.8V
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback