TPS565208 4.5-V to 17-V Input, 5-A Synchronous Step-Down Voltage Regulator in SOT-23
SLVSE72A – September2017 – revisedSeptember 2017
- 5-A Maximum Output Current
- Integrated 31-mΩ and 16-mΩ FETs
- D-CAP2™ Mode Control with Fast Transient Response
- Input Voltage Range: 4.5 V to 17 V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.76 V to 7 V
- Continuous Current Mode
- 500-kHz Switching Frequency
- Low Shutdown Current of Less than 1 µA
- 1% Feedback Voltage Accuracy
- Startup from Pre-biased Output Voltage
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- Hiccup-mode Overcurrent Protection
- Non-Latch UVP and TSD Protections
- Fixed Soft Start: 1.0 ms
- Create a Custom Design Using the TPS565208 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
- Digital TV Power Supply
- High Definition Blu-ray™ Disc Players
- Networking Home Terminal
- Digital Set Top Box (STB)
The device is optimized to operate with minimum external component count and also optimized to achieve low standby current.
This switch mode power supply (SMPS) device employs D-CAP2™ mode control, which provides fast transient response and requires no external compensation components. D-CAP2™ also allows the use of low-equivalent series resistance (ESR) specialty polymer capacitors and ceramic capacitors.
The TPS565208 is available in a 6-pin 1.6-mm × 2.9-mm SOT (DDC) package, and operates over a –40°C to 125°C junction temperature range.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|TPS565208||DDC (6)||1.60 mm × 2.90 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
TPS565208 Load Regulation
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback