TPA3128D2, TPA3129D2 2x30-W, 2x15-W Class-D Amplifier With Low Idle Power Dissipation
SLOS941B – May2016 – revisedJune 2017
- Supports Multiple Output Configurations
- Wide Voltage Range: 4.5 V to 26 V
- Efficient Class-D Operation
- Very Low Idle Current: <23 mA for recommended LC filter configurations
- Greater than 90% Power Efficiency Combined With Low Idle Loss Greatly Eliminates Need for Heat Sink
- Adaptive Modulation Schemes based on Output Power
- Smart Amplifier Drivers to Reduce the Requirement for RC Snubbers
- Multiple Switching Frequencies
- AM Avoidance
- Master and Slave Synchronization
- 300-KHz to 1.2-MHz Switching Frequency
- Feedback Power-Stage Architecture With High PSRR Reduces PSU Requirements
- Programmable Power Limit
- Parallel BTL Mode and Mono-Channel Mode Support
- Supports Both Single and Dual Power Supply Modes
- Integrated Self-Protection Circuits Including Overvoltage, Undervoltage, Overtemperature, DC-Detect, and Short Circuit With Error Reporting
- Thermally Enhanced Packages
- DAP (32-Pin HTSSOP Pad Down for TPA3128D2 and TPA3129D2)
- Bluetooth/Wireless Speakers
- Mini-Micro Component, Docks
- LCD/LED TVs
- Home Theaters
The TPA3128D2 and TPA3129D2 have low idle power loss and helps to extend the battery life of Bluetooth/Wireless speakers and other battery-powered audio systems. The high efficiency of the TPA3128D2 device allows it to do 2 × 30 W without external heat sink on a dual layer PCB. The high efficiency of the TPA3129D2 device allows it to do 2 × 15 W without external heat sink on a dual layer PCB. This device proposed an efficiency boost Mode, which can dynamically reduced the current ripple of the external LC filter and the idle current .
The TPA31xxD2 advanced oscillator/PLL circuit employs a multiple switching frequency option to avoid AM interferences, which is achieved together with an option of either master or slave option, making it possible to synchronize multiple devices.
The TPA31xxD2 devices are fully protected against faults with short-circuit protection and thermal protection as well as overvoltage, undervoltage, and DC protection. Faults are reported back to the processor to prevent devices from being damaged during overload conditions.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|TPA3128D2||DAP (32)||11.00 mm × 6.20 mm|
|TPA3129D2||DAP (32)||11.00 mm × 6.20 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.
Simplified Application Circuit
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback