TAS2770 15-W Digital Input Mono Class-D Audio Amplifier with Speaker I/V Sense
SLASEM6 – October2017
ADVANCE INFORMATION for pre-production products; subject to change without notice.
- High-Performance Mono Class-D Amplifier
- 20-W Peak at 1% THD+N (4 Ω, 16 V)
- 15-W at 1 % THD+N (4 Ω, 12.6 V)
- 14.2-W 0.1 % THD+N (4 Ω, 12.6 V)
- 9-W at 1 % THD+N (8 Ω, 12.6 V)
- 8.2-W at 0.1 % THD+N (4 Ω, 8.4 V)
- 6.2-W at 0.1 % THD+N (4 Ω, 8.4 V)
- 3.6-W at 0.1 % THD+N (8 Ω, 8.4 V)
- 0.03 % THD+N at 1 W (4 Ω, VBAT = 12.6 V)
- 32-µVrms A-Weighted Idle Channel noise
- 90-dB PSRR with 200 mVPP Ripple at 20 - 20 kHz
- 80% Efficiency at 1 W (4 Ω, VBAT = 12.6 V)
- < 1 µA HW Shutdown VBAT Current
- 42 mW / 63 mW Idle Dissipation (8.4 V / 12.6 V)
- Speaker Voltage and Current Sense
- Real-Time Diagnostics Using I/V Speaker Sense
- Over Current
- Short Circuit(short to power, short to ground and terminal-to-terminal short)
- VBAT Tracking Peak Voltage Limiter with Brown Out Prevention
- 44.1-kHz to 192-kHz Sample Rates
- Flexible User Interfaces
- I2S/TDM: 8 Channels (32-bit / 96 kHz)
- I2C: 8 selectable Addresses
- MCLK Free Operation
- Low Pop and Click
- Power Supplies
- VBAT: 4.5 V to 16 V
- AVDD: 1.8 V
- Spread-Spectrum Low EMI Mode
- Thermal and Over Current Protection
- 26-pin, 0.4-mm pitch, 3.5 mm × 4 mm QFN (RJQ) Package
- Laptop Computers
- Bluetooth Speakers
- Home Automation
- Smart Speakers/IoT
The TAS2770 is a mono, digital input Class-D audio amplifier optimized for efficiently driving high peak power into small loudspeakers. The Class-D amplifier is capable of delivering 14.2 W of peak power into a 4-Ω load while sustaining 11.6 W continuously with less than 0.03 % THD+N at a battery voltage of 12.6 V.
Integrated speaker voltage and current sense provides for real time monitoring of loudspeaker behavior. A battery tracking peak voltage limiter with brown out prevention optimizes amplifier headroom over the entire charge cycle of 2S or 3S battery systems.
Up to eight devices can share a common bus via either I2S/TDM + I2C.
The TAS2770 device is available in a 26-pin, 0.4-mm pitch QFN for a compact PCB footprint.
Table 1. Device Information(1)
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|TAS2770||QFN||3.5 mm × 4 mm|
|TAS2770||DSBGA||2 mm × 2.52 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
3.1 Functional Block Diagram
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback