LP295x Adjustable Micropower Low-Dropout Voltage Regulators
SNVS095F – May2004 – revisedMarch 2015
- 2.3-V to 30-V Input Voltage Range
- Output Voltage Adjusts from 1.23 V to 29 V
- 250-mA Output Current
- Extremely Low Quiescent Current
- Low Dropout Voltage
- Extremely Tight Line and Load Regulation
- Very Low Temperature Coefficient
- Current and Thermal Limiting
- Reverse Battery-Input Protection
- 50-mA (Typical) Automatic Output Discharge
- LP2953 Versions Only
- Auxiliary Comparator Included With CMOS- and TTL-Compatible Output Levels. Can Be Used for Fault Detection, Low-Input Line Detection, and so on.
- High-Efficiency Linear Regulator
- Regulator With Undervoltage Shutdown
- Low-Dropout Battery-Powered Regulator
- Snap-ON/Snap-OFF Regulator
The LP2952 and LP2953 are micropower voltage regulators with very low quiescent current (130 μA typical at 1-mA load) and very low dropout voltage (typically 60 mV at light load and 470 mV at 250-mA load current). They are ideally suited for battery-powered systems. Furthermore, the quiescent current increases only slightly at dropout, which prolongs battery life.
The LP2952 and LP2953 retain all the desirable characteristics of the LP2951, but offer increased output current, additional features, and an improved shutdown function.
The error flag goes low if the output voltage drops out of regulation.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|LP2952x||SOIC (16)||9.90 mm × 3.91 mm|
|LP2953x||SOIC (16)||9.90 mm × 3.91 mm|
|PDIP (16)||21.755 mm × 6.35 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Typical Application Schematic
Copyright© 2015, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback