LMH6629 Ultra-Low Noise, High-Speed Operational Amplifier with Shutdown
SNOSB18I – April2010 – revisedDecember 2014
- Specified for VS = 5 V, RL = 100 Ω, AV = 10V/V WSON-8 Package, unless Specified. –3dB Bandwidth 900 MHz
- Input Voltage Noise 0.69 nV/√Hz
- Input Offset Voltage Max. Over Temperature ±0.8 mV
- Slew Rate 1600 V/ μs
- HD2 @ f = 1 MHz, 2VPP −90 dBc
- HD3 @ f = 1 MHz, 2VPP −94 dBc
- Supply Voltage Range 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- Typical Supply Current 15.5 mA
- Selectable Min. Gain ≥4 or ≥10 V/V
- Enable Time: 75 ns
- Output Current ±250 mA
- WSON-8 and SOT-23-5 Packages
- Instrumentation Amplifiers
- Ultrasound Pre-amps
- Wide-band Active Filters
- Medical Imaging Systems
- Base-Station Amplifiers
- Low-Noise Single Ended to Differential Conversion
- Trans-Impedance Amplifier
The LMH6629 is a high-speed, ultra-low noise amplifier designed for applications requiring wide bandwidth with high gain and low noise such as in communication, test and measurement, optical and ultrasound systems.
The LMH6629 operates on 2.7-V to 5.5-V supply with an input common mode range that extends below ground and outputs that swing to within 0.8 V of the rails for ease of use in single supply applications. Heavy loads up to ±250 mA can be driven by high-frequency large signals with the LMH6629's –3dB bandwidth of 900 MHz and 1600 V/µs slew rate. The LMH6629 (WSON-8 package only) has user-selectable internal compensation for minimum gains of 4 or 10 controlled by pulling the COMP pin low or high, thereby avoiding the need for external compensation capacitors required in competitive devices. Compensation for the SOT-23-5 package is internally set for a minimum stable gain of 10 V/V. The WSON-8 package also provides the power-down enable/disable feature.
The low-input noise (0.69 nV/√Hz and 2.6 pA/√Hz), low distortion (HD2/HD3 = −90 dBc/−94 dBc) and ultra-low DC errors (800 µV VOS maximum over temperature, ±0.45 µV/°C drift) allow precision operation in both ac- and dc-coupled applications.
The LMH6629 is fabricated in Texas Instruments' proprietary SiGe process and is available in a 3 mm × 3 mm 8-pin WSON package as well as the SOT-23-5 package.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|LMH6629||SOT-23 (5)||2.90 mm × 1.60 mm|
|WSON (8)||3.00 mm × 3.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.
Copyright© 2014, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback