LM4040-N/-Q1 Precision Micropower Shunt Voltage Reference
SNOS633K – October2000 – revisedJune 2016
- SOT-23 AEC Q-100 Grades 1 and 3 Available
- Small Packages: SOT-23, TO-92, and SC70
- No Output Capacitor Required
- Tolerates Capacitive Loads
- Fixed Reverse Breakdown Voltages of 2.048 V, 2.5 V, 3 V, 4.096 V, 5 V, 8.192 V, and 10 V
- Key Specifications (2.5-V LM4040-N)
- Output Voltage Tolerance (A Grade, 25°C): ±0.1% (Maximum)
- Low Output Noise (10 Hz to 10 kHz): 35 μVrms (Typical)
- Wide Operating Current Range: 60 μA to 15 mA
- Industrial Temperature Range: −40°C to +85°C
- Extended Temperature Range: −40°C to +125°C
- Low Temperature Coefficient: 100 ppm/°C (Maximum)
- Portable, Battery-Powered Equipment
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Process Controls
- Energy Management
- Product Testing
- Precision Audio Components
Ideal for space-critical applications, the LM4040-N precision voltage reference is available in the sub-miniature SC70 and SOT-23 surface-mount package. The advanced design of the LM4040-N eliminates the need for an external stabilizing capacitor while ensuring stability with any capacitive load, thus making the LM4040-N easy to use. Further reducing design effort is the availability of several fixed reverse breakdown voltages: 2.048 V, 2.5 V, 3 V, 4.096 V, 5 V, 8.192 V, and 10 V. The minimum operating current increases from 60 μA for the 2.5-V LM4040-N to 100 μA for the 10-V LM4040-N. All versions have a maximum operating current of 15 mA.
The LM4040-N uses a fuse and Zener-zap reverse breakdown voltage trim during wafer sort to ensure that the prime parts have an accuracy of better than ±0.1% (A grade) at 25°C. Bandgap reference temperature drift curvature correction and low dynamic impedance ensure stable reverse breakdown voltage accuracy over a wide range of operating temperatures and currents.
Also available is the LM4041-N with two reverse breakdown voltage versions: adjustable and 1.2 V. See the LM4041-N data sheet (SNOS641).
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|LM4040-N||TO-92 (3)||4.30 mm × 4.30 mm|
|SC70 (5)||2.00 mm × 1.25 mm|
|SOT-23 (3)||2.92 mm × 1.30 mm|
|LM4040-N-Q1||SOT-23 (3)||2.92 mm × 1.30 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Shunt Reference Application Schematic
Copyright© 2016, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback