DRV8711 Stepper Motor Controller IC
SLVSC40G – June2013 – revisedMay 2017
- Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Microstepping Motor Driver
- Built-In 1/256-Step Microstepping Indexer
- Drives External N-Channel MOSFETs
- Optional STEP/DIR Pins
- Optional PWM Control Interface for DC Motors
- Flexible Decay Modes, Including Automatic Mixed Decay Mode
- Stall Detection With Optional BEMF Output
- Highly Configurable SPI Serial Interface
- Internal Reference and Torque DAC
- 8-V to 52-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- Scalable Output Current
- Thermally Enhanced Surface-Mount Package
- 5-V Regulator Capable of 10-mA Load
- Protection and Diagnostic Features
- Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
- Overtemperature Shutdown (OTS)
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Individual Fault Condition Indication Bits
- Fault Condition Indication Pin
- Office Automation Machines
- Factory Automation
- Textile Machines
The DRV8711 device is a stepper motor controller that uses external N-channel MOSFETs to drive a bipolar stepper motor or two brushed DC motors. A microstepping indexer is integrated, which is capable of step modes from full step to 1/256-step.
An ultra-smooth motion profile can be achieved using adaptive blanking time and various current decay modes, including an auto-mixed decay mode. Motor stall is reported with an optional back-EMF output.
A simple step/direction or PWM interface allows easy interfacing to controller circuits. A SPI serial interface is used to program the device operation. Output current (torque), step mode, decay mode, and stall detection functions are all programmable through a SPI serial interface.
Internal shutdown functions are provided for overcurrent protection, short-circuit protection, undervoltage lockout, and overtemperature. Fault conditions are indicated through a FAULTn pin, and each fault condition is reported through a dedicated bit through SPI.
The DRV8711 is packaged in a PowerPAD™ 38-pin HTSSOP package with thermal pad (Eco-friendly: RoHS and no Sb/Br).
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|DRV8711||HTSSOP (38)||9.70 mm × 4.40 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback