ADS114S0xB Low-Power, Low-Noise, Highly Integrated, 6- and 12-Channel, 4-kSPS, 16-Bit, Delta-Sigma ADC With PGA and Voltage Reference
SBAS852 – August2017
- Low Power Consumption: As Low as 280 µA
- Programmable Gain: 1 to 128
- Programmable Data Rates: 2.5 SPS to 4 kSPS
- Simultaneous 50-Hz and 60-Hz Rejection at
≤ 20 SPS With Low-Latency Digital Filter
- Analog Multiplexer with 12 (ADS114S08B) or 6 (ADS114S06B) Independently Selectable Inputs
- Dual-Matched Programmable Current Sources for Sensor Excitation: 10 µA to 2000 µA
- Internal Reference: 2.5 V, 8 ppm/°C (typ) Drift
- Internal Oscillator: 4.096 MHz, 2% Accuracy
- Internal Temperature Sensor
- Self Offset and System Calibration
- Four General-Purpose I/Os
- SPI-Compatible Interface
- Analog Supply: Unipolar (2.7 V to 5.25 V) or Bipolar (±2.5 V)
- Digital Supply: 2.7 V to 3.6 V
- Operating Temperature: –40°C to +125°C
- Pin-Compatible With the ADS114S0x
- Sensor Transducers and Transmitters:
Temperature, Pressure, Strain, Flow
- PLC and DCS Analog Input Modules
- Temperature Controllers
- Climate Chambers, Industrial Ovens
The ADS114S06B and ADS114S08B are precision, 16-bit, delta-sigma (ΔΣ), analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) that offer low power consumption and many integrated features to reduce system cost and component count in applications measuring small-signal sensors.
These ADCs feature a digital filter that offers low-latency conversion results and 50-Hz or 60-Hz rejection for noisy industrial environments. A low-noise, programmable gain amplifier (PGA) provides gains ranging from 1 to 128 to amplify low-level signals for resistive bridge or thermocouple applications. Additionally, these devices integrate a low-drift, 2.5-V reference that reduces printed circuit board (PCB) area. Finally, two programmable excitation current sources (IDACs) allow for easy and accurate RTD biasing.
An input multiplexer supports 12 inputs for the ADS114S08B and six inputs for the ADS114S06B that can be connected to the ADC in any combination for design flexibility. In addition, these devices include features such as sensor burn-out detection, voltage bias for thermocouples, system monitoring, and four general-purpose I/Os.
The devices are offered in a leadless VQFN-32 or a TQFP-32 package.
|ORDER NUMBER||PACKAGE (PIN)||BODY SIZE|
|ADS114S0xB||TQFP (32)||5.0 mm × 5.0 mm|
|VQFN (32)||5.0 mm × 5.0 mm|
Functional Block Diagram
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback